Dwight and Chandra Law
Dwight M. Law attended Donora and Ringgold School Districts, Kent State University, graduated California State University with a B.A. in Economics and Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science. He served his apprenticeship at John Thomas Chapel, St. Thomas, in the United States Virgin Islands.
Dwight, also holds licenses in both real estate and insurance, is a member of Bethany Baptist Church, Mon Valley Lodge #208 I.B.P.O.E of W. Prince Hall F & AM Golden Shield #69, Mon Valley NAACP, 20 th Congressional Black Caucus, Board of Directors Penn Hills YMCA, Board of Directors Hosanna House and numerous other civic and service organizations.
Dwight’s highest honor is being the loving husband of Chandra M. Law, devoted father of three daughters, Tara, Monet, Monroe and proud grandfather of four.
Dwight attributes his inspiration and drive to his parents, Percy and Thelma Law, growing up in and around Percy E. Law, Jr. Funeral Home of Donora, PA. He is known to say his “Greatest Mentor is his own father, Percy E. Law, Jr”.
Chandra M. Law is the ninth of eleven children born to the late Charles and Rosemarie Sanders formerly of Penn Hills, PA. Chandra attended West Virginia University, is a licensed Notary and brings 15 plus years managerial experience as Funeral Coordinator at House of Law, Inc. Chandra is noted to say, “Her greatest inspiration is “Her Trust in Christ.”
In 1999, Dwight married his devoted helpmate and partner, Chandra M. Sanders. To that union, House of Law, Inc. was formed at 1017 Center Street, Wilkinsburg, PA, 15221. In August 2004, another location 9406 Frankstown Road, Penn Hills, PA 15235, was established and celebrated its premiere opening.
“House of Law, Inc. is blessed to have a committed and dedicated staff. Our staff consists of a multitude of diverse professional backgrounds to include ministers, deacons, healthcare professionals, a service celebrant, funeral directors, office managers, contractors, professional drivers, insurance and real estate agents.”
“It’s Better to Know Us and Not Need Us than to Need Us and Not Know Us.” Is the true to the word slogan at any of the House of Law facilities. We are a compassion-based organization that thrives on the ability to create a personalized final celebration.
Percy and Thelma Law
Percy E. Law Funeral Home originated in the living room of his parent’s home on 404 Allen Avenue in Donora, PA, in 1950. Percy served his apprenticeship under the direction of Quinn R. Banks of Washington, PA; this affiliation lasted for many years. In 1952, Percy and Thelma, his wife and co-founder opened 1324 Meldon Avenue in Donora, PA.
This was the first of five Law Funeral Homes located in Western Pennsylvania. The other funeral homes are located in Donora, Brownsville, Wilkinsburg and Erie. Owned and operated by Percy, his brother Donald, nephew Scott and in 1982 Percy’s son Dwight joined the firm.
In 1994, Percy, Thelma and son, Dwight opened the second Percy E. Law, Jr. establishment in Wilkinsburg, PA. This firm with it’s commitment to cater to each persons individual need was well received in the community.
While being so well received in the Wilkinsburg and surrounding communities, Dwight and his wife, Chandra Marie Sanders-Law established the first African-American Funeral Home in Penn Hills, PA. The formation of House of Law, Inc. brought Chandra, a native of Penn Hills, back home where she was raised by her parents Charles and Rosemarie Sanders, founders of the first African-American trucking company in Western Pennsylvania, Sanders Trucking.
House of Law, Inc. was commemorated on August 15, 2004, by the Honorable Mayor, Anthony L. DeLuca, marking the official opening day for business.